Message from the President/CEO
Dear GCU Member,
The collapse of Silicon Valley Bank last week is the second largest failure of a financial institution in U.S. history. The bank was shut down and put under the control of the FDIC following a 48-hour bank run and capital crisis. On March 12, regulators also shut down Signature Bank.
I wanted to reassure you about the safety and soundness of credit union deposits, as well as remind you of the credit union difference, as a member-owned financial cooperative.
- As a member at Guadalupe Credit Union, you are an owner of our not-for-profit financial cooperative. This credit unions’ first priority is your financial success, and we focus on financial security.
- Guadalupe Credit Union was chartered 75 years ago, and we are committed to serving our community. You can be assured that your money is safe and sound at Guadalupe Credit Union. We have an experienced team to serve you and answer any questions or concerns.
- Credit union deposits in federally-insured credit unions are safe and secure.
- Federally insured credit unions are a safe place for members to save money. These deposits are protected by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund and insured up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor – the same as any other federally insured financial institution.
- Credit union members have never lost a penny of insured savings at a federally insured credit union.
- Bauer Financial, an independent institution who analyzes banks and credit unions, has again recognized Guadalupe Credit Union as one of the strongest financial institutions in the country. This 5-star rating recognizes our security, safety and soundness. Learn more by clicking here.
- You can visit MyCreditUnion.gov for more information about the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund coverage for consumers.
Please visit our website at www.GuadalupeCU.org, or call 505-982-8942 or 800-540-5382 with any questions you may have. Again, you can rest assured that your money is safe and secure at Guadalupe credit union, and protected up to $250,000 per individual depositor.
You can find more information about the credit union difference on the Credit Union National Association’s Advancing Communities website at advancingcommunity.com.
President/CEO, Guadalupe Credit UnionGo to main navigation